Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yumminess!

The past few months have flown by from all the business!  The holidays are always fun but the relaxation that follows is what I love the most.  Besides cooking and keeping up with current events, my husband and I visited the emergency room during the wee hours of the morning on Christmas Eve.  All in all, we're expecting a little one in late August/early September!

It came as quite a surprise considering we had a "ten-year plan!"  Life never leaves room for much planning on our parts, just gotta take it as it comes!  Becoming pregnant puts a new spin on life, you take more time doing things, appreciate the feel-good moments, and you begin watching your food in-take slightly more.  This has sprung to life my vow to swear off chemicals, whether it is in the food I eat, or the soap and lotion that go on my skin.  Before this I never realized that your skin soaks up 60% of the crap you put on your skin.  In summation, if the ingredient is not something I would use while I cook, then it doesn't need to be in my skin care regime, packaged or fresh foods, lotions, soaps, make-up, or even baby wipes or clothing!  The list is outrageous but everyone can take small steps to a better, more fresh routine.

One of my first steps was to read a few books, cook up my own lotion and soap, take care at the grocery store to put things back on the shelf that has a funky ingredient list.  USA Today reported earlier this month that many chemicals and toxins were found in more than 200 women!  Now think what those carcinogens are doing to an unborn fetus!  If it isn't good for your baby, it more than likely is not good for you either.

Right now I am enjoying a lovely homemade smoothie!  I used frozen strawberries, peaches, and mangoes with fresh strawberries and organic pineapple juice.  Blend until smooth and I have this yummy sweet yet tart smoothie that will help baby and I!  Maybe next time I will use fresh kiwi and blueberries...

No comments: